Frequently Asked Questions
They are the same technology and Win2008 server can be made to look, feel and operate almost identically to a Windows 7 Desktop.
Due to the licensing implications of trying to run desktops in a datacentre environment, it’s easier to use Windows Server 2008 and skin them with a Windows 7 theme.
Yes, you can, via the Outlook Web App atÂ https://mail.binaryroyale.com.
Simply go to the website from any internet connected computer, enter your username and password, and you’re away.
There are too many different devices to list the specifics here, but generally, you will be setting up a Microsoft Exchange, or Exchange ActiveSync account, and you will be asked for the same details:
Name: You can probably work this out yourself 🙂
Email address: The email address for theÂ Binary Royale Hosted Exchange mailbox that you are trying to access
Username: This will be your first initial and your surname, e.g. if your name is John Doe, your username would be jdoe
Password: Your password for the above mailbox
For specific instructions, please refer to the documentation for your device.
If you already have a copy of Outlook installed on your computer, you can connect it to yourÂ hosted Microsoft Exchange Mailbox, and view your email.
These instructions and screenshots were prepared with Outlook 2010, but the process is much the same with all versions of Outlook.
1. Open Outlook. If this is the first time you have run Outlook, or if you don’t have any email accounts configured already, then you will be taken straight to step 3.
2. Click on the file menu, and then click on theÂ ‘Add Account’ button:
3. In the dialog box that appears, enter your name, email address and password. Press next:
4. Outlook will verify your settings, which may take a minute or two. Eventually, you should see the following screen:
5. Press finish, and Outlook will open, and take you to your mailbox. If your mailbox already has mail in it, it may take a few minutes for all of your mail to appear – this will depend on how much mail you have, and your internet connection speed.
If you have any trouble with any of this, don’t hesitate to give us a call, and we will help you through the process.
Our current VDI is using the following URL:
Please enter this into your VMWare Horizon View clients in the connection server field and click CONNECT